Have you ever been surprised while browsing the Internet in your office? I also had the experience of being surprised when the video was played unintentionally and I felt the stinging gaze of people in the office. At this time, when I tried to reduce the sound, it couldn’t be reduced quickly, so I was sweating in a cold sweat. I would like to introduce you to a useful Chrome extension that can prevent such an accident.
So, I like to introduce the mute extention of Chrome browser that will do the task with ease.
How to install Mute Tab
1. You can find the Mute tab extension by searching for Mute tab in the Chrome Web Store.
– Mute tab works only in the Chrome web browser because it is a Chrome extension.
Go to Options > More tools > Extensions
and select open chrome store and search Mute tab.
2. You can also directly access the Mute tab extension installation page.
<<Mute tab installation page>>
3. Install the Mute tab.
Finally, click the Add extension button from the pop-up to complete the installation.
How to use Mute Tab
1. A speaker icon will appear on the top right toolbar of the Chrome web browser. If you don’t see it then click the extension button from the top right corner and make sticky the mute tab extension.
2. When you press the speaker icon, an M sign for Mute appears, and the mute function works in the corresponding tab
– The mute function works only in the tab marked with (M).
– In this state, there is no sound even when playing video.
3. Explaining the scenario whine accessing YouTube in mute mode on an office PC.
① First, install the Mute tab in Chrome in advance.
② Open a new tab in the Chrome web browser and turn off the Mute tab immediately (Mute mode)
③ Please connect to YouTube with confidence
– Unless the user turns off the Mute tab icon again, it will be played in mute mode.
– If it is okay to hear the sound, or if the earphones are connected to the PC, you can deactivate the mute mode.
Hope you like this article. Have a great day.